Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A Poem About D.C.

I don't think this blog has enough creative writing on it.

They Built It On a Swamp You Know

Marble, limestone, 84 shades of grass,
Much further from the Capitol to the memorials than you might think.
Watch the Segway herd.
Those modern Roman chariots carrying visor-clad gladiators,
They will take you down.
I'm having my doubts about this guy offering French prostitutes.
No beret, no baguette.
No, I don't think he is French.
Another man holds a sign protesting Prince Charles.
You protest where you can I guess.
From what I have read Washington wasn't a big prick.
Why did they memorialize him that way?
Lincoln's hat is displayed next to Kermit the Frog.
Come on, put the hat on the frog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are funnier than I thought.

 

Free Blog Counter