Monday, June 8, 2009

the unskipable

i do believe the world needs more lists, and this is as good a place to start as any. i also think it is somewhat fair to say that each track listed is probably my favorite from each artist, or at least in the top 3 most days.

please note, it took me several hours to compile this list, because upon listening to said track, it could not be skipped. it was tough, but hey...rules are rules.


ease down the road- bonnie prince billy

ohio- Damien jurado

from the morning- nick drake

I’m always in love- wilco

Still be around- unlce tupelo

Mississippi- bob Dylan

Dent county- jay farrar

Tear stained eye- son volt

The weight- the band

And your bird can sing- the beatles

Factory girl- rolling stones

You’re still on my mind- the byrds

Heathens- drive by truckers

Winding wheel- ryan adams

It’s a motherfucker- eels

Christine’s tune- the flying burrito brothers

Naked as we came- iron and wine

The charging sky- jenny lewis

Imagine- john lennon

A good time- john prine

Victoria- the kinks

Hotel yorba- the white stripes

Glenn tipton- sun kil moon

Boys your welcome- Mississippi john hurt

I can’t be satisfied- muddy waters

Tell me why- neil young

Later days- over the rhine

Hallelujah, I love her so- ray charles

More adventurous- rilo kiley

Why do you let me stay here?- she and him

The comeback- the shout out louds

Devil in me- the skeletons

The way we get by- spoon

Flirting with time- tom petty

Substitute- the who

2 comments:

Jim said...

Excellent list. I'm Always in Love and Still be Around should be on my list I think. Glenn Tipton is one of the songs I was thinking of when I said that some songs that are my favorites can't go on the list because they are just a little too sleep inducing for all moods.

bigsmithdude said...

i don't see GT like that at all.

everytime i hear it...i just wanna dance!

 

Free Blog Counter