Monday, June 22, 2009

Infrastructure

I'm watching a History Channel program about the decline of infrastructure in the U.S. In what I've seen of it so far, St. Louis is one of the stars of the show. Apparently, the sewer system is one thing Albert Pujols can't even fix.

That got me to thinking about the fact that a water pipe broke in my neighborhood last week and that I hit a pot hole that nearly swallowed my car the other day. I think KC could have easily stood in for St. Louis in this thing.

The question is, what are we going to do about it? Will we pay to have these things fixed? In the case of the highway system, should we fix what we have, create an even larger system or figure out how to integrate mass transit more appropriately? None of these questions are very novel, but they are definitely worth asking until we have answers.

1 comment:

bigsmithdude said...

two words: hover board

 

Free Blog Counter