Tuesday, June 16, 2009

NBA Wrapup

My enthusiasm for writing about the end of the NBA season is not where I would like it to be. As those who have read this blog for awhile know, I am an advocate for professional basketball.

The problem is that I don't like the Lakers, and for that matter, I don't care much for the Magic either. I do love Magic coach Stan Van Gundy who has to be the best press conference coach since Jon Cheney.

Anyway, a Finals in which the Lakers won in 5 games is not my idea of a thrilling end to the season. Still, there was some interesting stuff about this season.

Derrick Rose is really good, and the Bulls made the right choice taking him first in the draft.

The Celtics lost because Kevin Garnett was hurt. Kevin Garnett was probably hurt because he OD'd on intensity. I wonder if he is the kind of player who could still be a decent player if he dialed it back a notch or two.

Lebron is the best player on the planet... but not good enough to turn Ilgauskas and Varejao into Bynum and Odom. That's probably what he needed to be able to do.

The draft should be interesting because nearly half of the lottery talent is point guards.

Kansas City is not getting an NBA team.

I think that is all for now.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter