Wednesday, January 6, 2010

best albums of 2009

a bit late on this one, but soon enough to remain relevant i suppose. i thought 2009 was a pretty good year for music, with a couple of these making my top 50 of the decade list.

1. ryan bingham- roadhouse sun
2. the avett brothers- i and love and you
3. iron and wine- around the well
4. ben kweller- changing horses
5. away we go- soundtrack
6. bob dylan- together through life
7. son volt- american central dust
8. wilco- wilco (the album)
9. monsters of folk- monsters of folk
10.the decemberists- the hazards of love

i should also mention that the 4 disc Tom Petty Live Anthology is unbelievable, but i didn't feel like it qualified for this list. otherwise...TOPS!

1 comment:

Dan said...

I can't believe I left Bingham off my list of top albums for the decade . . .

I hope it doesn't destroy his ego.

 

Free Blog Counter