Monday, June 18, 2007

Staying Power

Best Albums lists are difficult. Do I simply pick my favorites? Ones that I think have some objective qualities? Does influence matter? Studio Albums only? All-time or right now? You get the idea.

So I like to find other ways to categorize good stuff. One that came to mind this weekend was CD's that never leave my case. I decided that a CD would have to be at least 5 years old to qualify for the list. So the list is...

CD's That Have Been in My Carrying Case for At Least 5 Years Consecutively and Remain There Today (in no parituclar order)

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Greatest Hits
Pearl Jam Vitalogy
Weezer (Blue Album)
Radiohead OK Computer
Dallas Jones The Morelock Sessions
Digable Planets Reachin...
The White Stripes De Stijl
Charlie Parker Ken Burns Jazz
Wilco Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
The Clash London Calling
Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde

Two CD's old enough to qualify, but that I did not get until later are Spoon's Kill the Moonlight and the first disc from The Rolling Stones' 40 Licks.

There are several other discs that have come to the world since 2003 and seem destined to make this list. If the blog is still around in a year's time, I'll update.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter