Monday, August 25, 2008

"Boss"ome

Despite what many of his commenters think, Dan over at Gone Mild is a hell of a guy. Yesterday, he proved again by allowing me to tag along with his family to see Bruce Springsteen. I was not a Springsteen fan, and I still won't be downloading Born to Run, but I sure was impressed.

The show at the Sprint Center was probably the best concert I have ever seen where I didn't know 90% of the songs being played. The E-Street Band rocked, and Springsteen went all out like it was the first time he had ever been on stage. Understated would not be a word to describe the Boss, and occasionally he borders on corniness.

You absolutely cannot question his enthusiasm, however. And the energy around the show is infectious. I've never seen so many 50-year-olds dancing like teens in my life. It was quite a show.

Dan has posted his thoughts about the concert, and the setlist. Tim Finn of the Star reviews the show here.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter