Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Universal Truths of 12 Angry Men

Watching 12 Angry Men for the first time in several years last night, I was struck by how much more I recognized and categorized (and probably stereotyped) the politics of the characters. I was also surprised at how many lines I still remembered.

One great line reminds me of listening to right-wing blowhards on the radio or TV:

Juror #10: Six to six... I'm telling you, some of you people in here must be out of your minds. A kid like that...
Juror #9: I don't think the kind of boy he is has anything to do with it. The facts are supposed to determine the case.
Juror #10: Don't give me that. I'm sick and tired of facts! You can twist 'em anyway you like, you know what I mean?

Another line just reminds me of being a Royals fan:

Juror #7: You a Yankee fan?
Juror #5: No, Baltimore.
Juror #7: Baltimore? That's like being hit in the head with a crow bar once a day.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter