Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Quick Finals Thoughts



Moment of the night: Kevin Garnett almost passing out during the postgame interview and I believe saying "I'm gonna die," before a trainer or someone came over to help hold him. He was on the verge of passing out through the whole celebration.

I don't think I have ever, in all the sports championships I have ever watched, seen a group as excited as the Celtics were last night. That was great to see.

The Lakers folded. The C's played good, but they couldn't so that without the Lakers rolling over. That is a lack of leadership.

Paul Pierce didn't equal his numbers from earlier in the series, but he played every bit as well last night.

In KC, the NBA finals drew a 9.3 which equalled the national average. The NHL Finals drew less than a 2 while the national average was 3.2. Sports talk radio callers can bash the NBA all they want, but even in this town, pro basketball is way more popular.
 

Free Blog Counter