Thursday, May 24, 2007

Didn't Take Long

I mentioned a while back that 2006 was a terrible year for music (and movies), and that I was looking forward to 2007 because it showed a lot of promise.

And now, less than 6 months into the year, I am already ready to declare 2007 better than 2006. Here are a few things you should check out,

1. Kings of Leon Because of the Times
2. The National Boxer
3. Peter Bjorn and John Writer's Block
4. Andrew Bird Armchair Apocrypha
5. Modest Mouse We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
6. The Fratellis Costello Music
7. Wilco Sky Blue Sky
8. Arcade Fire Neon Bible

Still coming are albums from The White Stripes, Spoon, and Interpol. And Smashing Pumpkins is back together and has a great song out that makes me remember the good ol' days. And there will probably be more PB&Js putting out stuff I never anticipated. The biggest problem so far is finding time to listen to all of it. Hail 2007.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter