Wednesday, June 6, 2012

While I'm Complaining...

A Johnson County mom is leading a crusade to get a statue of a partial woman snapping a photo of her own bare chest removed from the Overland Park Arboretum. Look, I may not agree with her but if she wanted to make an argument about how the artist's intention is not properly conveyed, or that she doesn't agree with the interpretation, or that the shock value outweighs the interpretation, or whatever, I could respect her position.

This, however, I can not respect:
“I didn’t take the time to understand the artist’s message,” Hughes said. “I was really thinking, ‘Good grief, what is that doing here?’ It is vulgar. It is provocative. I thought it was glorifying sexting. For me, it is very offensive.”
 Why take time to try and understand something, when you can just react?

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter