Tuesday, June 5, 2012

And Sometimes Numbers Don't Tell the Whole Story

So I went into last night's game armed with my research that says the Thunder are better when Westbrook shoots more than they are when Durant shoots more. And last night, Westbrook shot more. And the Thunder won.

But you could not convince me with all the statistical evidence available on the planet that the Thunder wouldn't have been better off with Durant taking 5 more shots and Westbrook taking 5 less. I see the numbers, but I also see the game. So what is the inconsistency?

If I ever have time, I will spend some time trying figure out if there is a pace difference in the games where each guy takes more shots. Or if there are certain matchups? Or if it has to do with the other team's quality?

I don't know, but I do know that when I watched last night I was not thinking "Shoot, Russell, shoot!" I was yelling "Pass it to Durant!"

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter