Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Top Ten Albums of 2010

Consistently one of my favorite posts each year... and the only one I spend months preparing.

My favorite album not eligible because my buddy did it: American Weekend by Dallas Jones. If you don't know who Dallas is, do yourself a favor and check him out. He's a good guy to boot.

As for the others, whose personal virtues I cannot speak for, here is the list (along with two favorite tracks from each).

1. Contra - Vampire Weekend
(I Think Ur a Contra, White Sky)
2. Lisbon - The Walkmen
(Juveniles, Stranded)
3. The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
(City With No Children, Modern Man)
4. Brothers - The Black Keys
(Everlasting Light, Howlin' For You)
5. Been Listening - Johnny Flynn
(The Water, Amazon Love)
6. High Violet - The National
(Conversation 16, Bloodbuzz Ohio)
7. Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons
(The Cave, Winter Winds)
8. Hippies - Harlem
(Be Your Baby, Friendly Ghost)
9. Expo 86 - Wolf Parade
(Cloud Shadow on the Mountain, Cave-o-sapien)
10. The Wild Hunt - The Tallest Man on Earth
(The Wild Hunt, Love is All)

This was a rough year. I almost disqualified Mumford & Sons since it was actually released last year (but this year for the U.S.). I kept em in thought since they weren't in last year's list. Honestly, though I could have used another spot. I think I could have done a top 25 without much effort. Great music this year!

Best songs post coming tomorrow...

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter