Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Republicans Reminding Me Why I am Not a Republican

On my way in this morning, there was a story on NPR about Republicans blocking the extension of unemployment benefits unless they could be paid for with other cuts. I would disagree with that priority, but if it is a principled stand, then that is a reasonable position.

But, of course, it isn't. Republicans in the Senate are also threatening to shut down all government business unless all of the Bush tax cuts are extended... whether they are paid for or not.

So if you are unemployed and sturggling because the economy sucks, well you are out of luck. But if you make $1 million a year, don't worry. Republicans have your back.

2 comments:

Evil St. Louisan said...

I'm sturggling with my spelling.

Jim said...

Yeah, yeah. Jirk.

 

Free Blog Counter