Wednesday, June 30, 2010

All the Pretty Grills

After several years of apatment living where I could not have a grill, I am now back in business in the new AA pad. I love grilled food, and I love the cleanup involved in cooking that way. I sometimes wonder, though, if I am doing everything with my grill I could be.

Fortuantely, the New York Times just printed an article with 101 easy ways to use your grill. Stuff like this:

93. An idea whose time has come: Halve and grill peaches, nectarines or apricots. Brush with barbecue sauce or, if you want to be sophisticated, a mixture of bourbon, sugar and mint, or simple syrup laced with basil.


That sounds pretty good to me.

3 comments:

FletcherDodge said...

Try this: Take a few thick slices of pear ("pear steaks"), toss them in walnut oil, grill for a few seconds on each side (enough to heat the pear and "mark" them with the grill), then top with a few thin slices of Parmigiano-Reggiano.

Jim said...

That sounds really, really good.

Dan said...

Fruit on the grill sounds pretty feminine to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but this kind of makes you sound like the sort of guy who would treat himself to a pedicure.

 

Free Blog Counter