Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Price Is...

Well I guess it's right. The AA alma mater picked up a $1 million donation from game show host extraordinaire and alum Bob Barker. For what?

...to establish a professorship on animal rights that he hopes will lead to a full undergraduate degree program.
I have conflicting feelings about this.

On the one hand, I love the fact that Drury and Barker have decided to try something like this in Springfield, the middle of planet Conservatron.

On the other hand, I can't quite shake the feeling that this was one of those gifts that the university decided to accept because, hey it's a million dollars. I just can't imagine that anyone at Drury was sitting around hoping to create an animal rights program if only they could find someone to give them a lump of cash.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter