Friday, March 13, 2009

Worth Being Tired



I stayed up until almost 12:30 last night watching a basketball game that started at around 8:30. Syracuse knocked off Connecticut in 6 overtimes, in what may or may not be the best basketball game I've ever seen, but was definitely the longest.

West Virginia Coach Bob Huggins must have been elated to see this game drag on and on. His Mountaineers get to play the Orangemen tonight after the Syracuse starting backcourt played a combined 128 minutes last night. Point guard Jonny Flynn (no relation to the guy on my Top Ten Albums of 2008 list) lost his headband somewhere in the overtime sessions. I suspect he may just not have needed it because he had lost the ability to sweat anymore.

As usual, I'll be rooting for the Orange tonight. But even if they lose, last night's game was worth it.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter