Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wrap It Up (In the flag)

I think electing Newt Gingrich would be a terrible idea for this country. However, it might result in some of the best explanations for U.S. actions ever. Here is Newt on his rather robust record of infidelity:

"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," said Gingrich. "And what I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn't trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them."
I hate to even put the thought of Newt's bedroom behavior in your head, but what do you suppose he shouts in that one transcendant moment?

That's American as Apple Pie!
United, I Stand!
E Pluribus! You Numb?
Let Freedom Ring!
The Bomb's Bursting in There!
Liberty and Justice for You!
Old Glory... Long May it Stand!

I only kind of like any of those... better ideas?

3 comments:

Dan said...

Remember, it's Gingrich - I'm thinking more along the lines of " . . . it's just like government, smaller is better" or "I'm not Clinton, so don't only give lip service to loving your country".

Anonymous said...

I was gonna go with "His truth is marching on," but maybe it's more along the lines of "I'm driven by how passionately I feel about this country...RIGHT...NOW!"

I think Dan has some good ideas, too.

Dan said...

Let's not forget Hamlet's double entendre -
HAMLET
Lady, shall I lie in your lap?
OPHELIA
No, my lord.
HAMLET
I mean, my head upon your lap.
OPHELIA
Ay, my lord.
HAMLET
Do you think I meant country matters?

(Shakespeare's flirting with the "C" word!)

 

Free Blog Counter