Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Filler

I really wanted to a post today about an article I read in the Economist, but I am having log-in issues on their website, so hopeful I can get back on track tomorrow. Not that it will be very important mind you. It's just that some things so clearly illustrate a point that you don't want to miss an opportunity.

Anyway in lieu of that post, I would like to go ahead and declare that this is one of my favorite times of the year. As an avid basketball fan, I am of course partial to tourney week. It isn't just that though. Last night, my wife and I got to spend some time relaxing on the porch, enjoying the warmer weather. I wouldn't say that spring is my favorite season, but I will say that there is no other time of the year that contains as many uncontrollable outbursts of optimism.

As for the tourney and my brackets, I am doomed to terrible picks this year. I know this because I immediately filled out my bracket on Sunday night and vowed I would not change it no matter what. Since that moment, I have seen several "expert" picks that unbelievably coincide with my own. Since they are never right, I suppose I can expect to be wrong this year as well (you know unlike all those years I have been right).

For the record, my final four is Kansas (I am not a Jayhawk fan by the way), Florida, Georgetown, and Texas A&M. Watch for at least one of these schools to be finished before the weekend is out.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter